The Student visa route  (replaced Tier 4 visa) is a point-based system (PBS) visa for ALL international students aged 16 or over, including EU, EEA, and Swiss students, who want to study in the UK at foundation or university degree level (Bachelor's, Master's or PhD) 

The Child Student Visa route is a point-based system (PBS) visa for children aged between 4 and 17 who wish to study at an independent school (also known as private or fee-paying schools) in the UK

The Parent of a Child Student route is designed for parents who want to come to or stay in the UK to look after their child aged between 4 and 11, where the child is in the UK on a Child Student visa and is attending an independent (private) day school. 

This visa route is designed for a person aged 16 and over who wants to study an English language course in the UK for between 6 and 11 months at an accredited institution. If your English language course is less than 6 months, then you should apply for a Standard Visitor visa.

The Graduate visa route (replaced PSW visa) is designed for international students successfully completing UK bachelor’s degree-level course or above, who wants to work, look for work, work as a self-employed or start a business in the UK. This visa allows to stay in the UK for a fixed period of either 2 or 3 years, depending on a level of study.

Indefinite leave to remain (ILR), also called ‘settlement’, allows you to settle in the UK with the right to live, work and study here for as long as you like, and apply for British citizenship. There are different ways to apply for ILR/ settlement based on your circumstances.